A big welcome to all our Spring customers - we're so pleased to have you as part of the season.
We had a big day harvesting on Tuesday to send out the majority of boxes on Wednesday. This week's boxes included:
- Lettuces - green and red
- Silverbeet bunch
- Bag baby kale - good for salads or wilting
- Bunch leeks - don't forget, the whole leek is edible and delicious, including the green tops
- Bunch onions - tops can be used like spring onion
- Pak choy - Asian green with rounder bottom, great for salads or stir-fries
- Choy sum - more slender Asian green, also great for salads and stir-fries
- Kohlrabi - like a swollen broccoli stem, great stir-fried, grated in a salad, greens can be sautéed
- Garlic scapes - mild garlic flavour, great fried with a bit of butter - a real Spring treat, they are the flower stem of the garlic plant, and removing them sends energy to the bulb
- Garlic bulbs - one elephant garlic (white) and one purple Monaro - can be left in the pantry to cure for a week or so, or use it straight away. Delicious either way!
For a few specific recipes for using kohlrabi, check out the following websites:
We’d love to hear how you’re using our veg. If you use social media, please post photos to our Facebook page or tag us @providencehillnsw on Instagram.
Have a great week!